Friday, July 17, 2009

WTF Fridays!

Well, it's a bit late in the day, but I've still made it with less than four hours until midnight (CST). As for today's entry, well, I had to read it a couple of times to let it sink in, but I'm still in a bit of shock. That being said, here is the link to the story. I just really can't believe this really happened...wow.

Anyway, a couple in Westwego, LA (just outside of New Orleans) lost their three-month-old child yesterday to rats. Apparently the police report hundreds of bites all over the infant's body and rat tracks on the baby's bed sheets in blood. Scary and horrifying, but I'm not sure that the rats actually were the killing culprit because the parents reported to not hear any screams which should have been heard had the baby been alive. Additionally, having dealt with animals and quite a few rodents, they don't usually act like this unless there is nothing else to eat or the baby were already dead. Either way, this is definitely a sad time for this family. The hospital has not yet officially released a cause of death, but I'll be keeping tabs on this story.

Rat-bitten baby's mother tells her story


I truly hope that the police and city officials can get to the bottom of this to protect the neighborhood and prevent something else like this from happening. Additionally, Child Services has taken the couple's other child from them for the duration of the investigation, but I really can't imagine a parent willingly allowing this to happen. Hopefully not.

0 comments: